THE LANDSCAPE COMMITTEE WOULD LIKE TO REMIND ALL HOMEOWNERS OF THE FOLLOWING….
1. If you would like to nominate your neighbor for Yard of the Month please do so by going to www.woodcreekfatehoa.com and follow the links to Landscape and to email us so we know who you think is doing a great job in making our community look attractive.
2. Dog owners, please be courteous when walking your pet and do not allow them to do their poop on other neighbor’s lawns. If you your pet needs to go then have something with you to pick it up.
3. We received several emails about lots not being maintained. If the lots are a builder owned lot then that lot has to be maintained by that builder. There are several area that are owned by different investor groups that are obligated to keep them maintained, and even the ACOE (Army Core of Engineers) has some land within our development.
WEEDS, WEEDS, WEEDS. PRE-EMERGENTS ALONG WITH REGULAR WEED & FEED AND FERTILIZING KEEP YOUR LAWN GREEN AND WEED FREE AND REDUCE WATER CONSUMPTION. A HEALTHY WELL-MAINTAINED YARD LOOKS BETTER FOR YOUR HOME, YOUR NEIGHBORS AND WOODCREEK IN GENERAL.
SPRINKLER SYSTEM UPDATES. DID YOU CHANGE THE TIME ON YOUR SYSTEM? HAVE YOU CHECKED YOUR SYSTEM FOR CLOGGED HEADS OR HEADS THAT MAY BE WATERING THE STREET INSTEAD OF YOUR LAWN? CHECKED TO SEE THAT A ZONE IS NOT GETTING TOO MUCH WATER ALLOWING WATER TO DRAIN DOWN THE GUTTER?
BE MINDFUL OF THOSE YARD BLOWERS! IF YOU DO NOT WANT IT IN YOUR YARD, CHANCES ARE YOUR NEIGHBOR DOES NOT WANT YOU BLOWING IT INTO THEIRS, EITHER!!! GET OUT AND ENJOY THE SEASON AND GET YOUR YARD READY TO COMPETE THROUGHOUT THE SUMMER SEASON TO BE ONE OF THE WOODCREEKS FINEST AND BE A WINNING “YARD OF THE MONTH”
PLEASE BE COURTEOUS WHEN PERFORMING LAWN WORK BY NOT OPERATING GAS-POWERED LAWN EQUIPMENT TOO EARLY OR TOO LATE. COMMON COURTESY BEING NO EARLIER THAN AT LEAST 8:00 AM ON THE WEEKENDS, AND NO LATER THAN 9:00 PM IN THE EVENINGS.
How do I nominate my home (or my neighbor’s) for the annual Holiday Lighting Contest?
1. Take a digital photo at night that best shows off the lighting and décor.
2. Determine which award category you want to nominate the home for (see below for categories). Homes that are nominated without a category will be placed into the category that the Landscape Committee feels it is best suited to compete in.
3. Send your digital photo, category, and pertinent comments (including your contact information) to both email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. The deadline for nominations is usually the first weekend of December, so be sure that your lighting and décor installation is complete by then. In preparation for the voting done during Polar Express, the Landscape Committee may have to take additional photos of your home so it is recommended that you keep your holiday lighting activated.
5. To participate in the Holiday Lighting Contest, nominated homes must be in good standing with the HOA, meaning they are current on their HOA dues and do not have open violations.
6. Voting takes place during the Polar Express holiday event. All residents who attend are able to cast a vote. Votes are tabulated by the Landscape Committee and independently confirmed with a second count by the General Manager. Winners are announced by email and award signs are placed at the winning households the following week.
7. Award Categories are:
a. Best Animation – For best use of animated, mechanized, or synchronized lighting and décor
b. Best Ingenuity – Most creative and original overall display
c. Classic Christmas Award – Traditional holiday décor that evokes a timeless sense of nostalgia
d. Green Award – Best use of LED or other energy efficient lighting
e. Wonderland Kids Favorite – The one that the kids beg to go back to see a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th time
f. The Coveted Clark Griswold Award – “Is your house on fire? No, those are the Christmas lights!” Awarded to the home with the most ostentatious, over-the-top, blazing display of lights
g. People’s Choice Award – Given to the three homes that receive the most votes, one winner per neighborhood section (Bradfield, Barringer, and Lafayette)
h. Chairman’s Choice – Special recognition award selected by the Landscape Committee (nominations not accepted for this category)
i. Grinch Award – For the resident who didn’t win and complains that the Holiday Lighting Contest is fixed; the prize for this category is only a raspberry. There is always at least one winner every year!
The annual Holiday Lighting Contest is intended to promote a sense of community by adding a layer of friendly competition. Don’t take yourself too seriously – remember the spirit of Christmas!